13th Annual Beauty Pageant – Sophie McMoore is the new Miss Flowers
The Flowers Organization hosted their 13th Annual Beauty Pageant – Miss Flowers 2016 – 2017 that saw Ms. Sophie McMoore crowned, after a hotly contested pageant, which saw 7 contestants vie for the title.
During the opening of the event, President Josie Afu Muasau said, “As you can see all the beautiful floral arrangements, these were all locally made from women here in American Samoa.”
Proceeds from the pageant, according to the Miss Flowers president, will go to charities such as various sporting organizations, the Rotary Club- Swimming Pool Project, Floral Arrangement competitions, contestant prizes, and the organization’s goals and objectives.
“This is our charity to give back to them – helping them out financially and to acknowledge their craft and effort put into something they love doing.”
Muasau said, “Thank God for strength and health, and if you were looking for a great evening to end the weekend, you’ve come to the right place,” adding “tonight, we have the professional designers, the most beautiful Pageant Coordinator, Shiki Leaupepe, and seven beautiful pageant contestants that will vie for the Miss Flower title.”
Following the opening number led by reigning Miss Flowers Ms. Aruni Talaifaga, the event went straight into the categories of the evening – opening with the Black Couture category, into the Floral Ova Ova Wear, into the remaining four categories of the evening — interview, talent, evening gown and swimsuit.
The event was flawless in its execution of costumes and makeup that indeed made the contestants Exotic Flowers, each illustrating the awesome beauty of a brush of Heaven. Laughter and a well-entertained crowd from the talent and ‘catwalks’ of beauty made the pageant a memorable evening.
Masters of Ceremonies William Thompson and Uaika Savusa announced the final results that everyone eagerly anticipated after an extravagant evening of extraordinary costumes and talent:
* Miss Photogenic was awarded to contestant No.1 — Alanah Gore.
* Miss Personality was awarded to contestant No.5 — Isabella Valentino.
* Best Couture was awarded to contestant No.7 — Kelly Westwood
* Fairy & Floral Wear was awarded to contestant No.7 — Kelly Westwood
* Best Swim Suit was awarded to contestant No.3 — Sophie McMoore
* Best Interview was awarded to contestant No.3 — Sophie McMoore
* Best Talent was awarded to contestant No. 2 — Arykah Contess
* Best Evening Gown was awarded to contestant No. 6 — Petra Travis
The Official Results of Miss Flowers 2016 – 2017:
* 3rd Runner Up was contestant No. 6 — Petra Travis
* 2nd Runner Up was contestant No.7 — Kelly Westwood
* Miss Flowers Winner contestant No. 3 — Sophie McMoore