Ads by Google Ads by Google

Court Report


Pago Pago, AMERICAN SAMOA — On March 12, 2024, Tafuna Police Substation (TPS) received a call from a woman regarding her brother-in-law causing a disturbance at their residence. The suspect was allegedly intoxicated.

Jeremiah Taeleifi was arrested and charged with the following:

Count 1: Private Peace Disturbance (DV) — a class A misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for up to fifteen days, a fine of $300 but not less than $150, or both; and,

Count 2: Assault in the Third Degree (DV) — a class A misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for up to one year, a fine of up to $1,000 but not less than $150, or both.

The defendant’s bail was set at $500.

According to the affidavit, on March 12 at about 11:19 pm, a woman contacted the TPS about her brother-in-law Jeremiah Taeleifi who she claimed was causing disturbance at their residence by shouting the Samoan war cry (fa’aumu) and profanities. The caller/ reporter stated that the defendant was highly intoxicated and that her husband was holding down the defendant, Taeleifi.

When officers arrived at the scene, they met several individuals trying to hold down the individual. The officers approached the crowd and verbally told them to stay back.

The officers then approached the defendant, and observed the victim (later identified as the defendant’s brother) trying to restrain the defendant, awaiting the arrival of police.

The defendant was apprehended at the scene, after police asked the victim to step away from him. The strong odor of alcohol was detected by arresting officers emitting from the defendant’s breath.

Officers interviewed witnesses at the scene.

According to the victim, he was inside his house when he heard someone shouting the Samoan cry and cursing in Samoan. When he came out to see who it was, he saw it was his brother. He then went back into his home to get a t-shirt but heard several Samoan war cries and cursing coming across from his parents’ home. He then walked over to his parents’ home and saw his father talking to his brother (defendant). He confronted his brother about his behavior and that’s when the defendant punched him twice.

The victim said he then tackled him in the yard and told his wife to call the police for assistance. The victim sustained a minor scratch on the right corner of his eye and officers took photographs for evidence.

Police officers also interviewed the caller/ reporter at the scene. She stated that she was with her husband (victim) inside the house when they heard someone shouting out the Samoan war cry and profanities. She recalled her husband telling her it was his brother since he was the only one walking outside the house. She also stated that her husband walked out to find his brother since the sound was coming near his parents’ home. She then walked to her in-laws’ house and saw her husband holding the defendant down and he asked her to call the cops.

The father was also interview, who stated that he was inside his home when he heard someone shouting the Samoan war cry and profanities repeatedly and it disturbed him. When he came out of the house he saw his son (defendant) walking away from his oldest son’s (victim) house. He explained that the defendant continued to make unreasonable noises while walking towards him.

The father stated he tried his best to calm the defendant down, but he was too drunk. The defendant started blaming his father for not applying for his passport and out of anger the father told his son that he was old enough to apply for his own passport.

His eldest son then confronted the defendant for being disrespectful and immature and in turn the defendant punched his brother which caused his brother to tackle him and restrain him on the ground.

Upon arrival at the TPS, the defendant was Mirandized and refused to provide a statement regarding his involvement in the said matter.

The defendant was booked at the TPS and later transported to the Tafuna Correctional Facility (TCF) to be confined until his initial appearance at the District Court.

The defendant is identified as a 25-year old U. S National.


On March 11, 2024, the Fagatogo Police Station (FPS) received a call from a woman in Fagaalu reporting that her neighbor was yelling profanities and threatening her.

Fetu Faleosega was arrested and charged with Count 1: Public Peace Disturbance — a class B misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for six (6) months, a fine of $500, or both.

The defendant’s bail was set at $300.

According to the affidavit, on March 11, at about 3:55 pm, the FPS received a call from a woman in Fagaalu, reporting that her neighbor, later identified as Fetu Faleosega, allegedly started yelling profanities in Samoan, at her for no reason.

Police officers responded to the call and upon arrival at the scene were met by the woman (victim) who had called to report her neighbor.

The victim complained that the defendant was being disrespectful by yelling profanities in Samoan at her while she exited her vehicle. She explained that the defendant, Faleosega was standing in front of his door on the second floor of the house and yelling at her.

The defendant accused her by saying, “You killed my son, why do you always come here in my house?” He also accused her of having a sexual relationship with his son that passed away and some other person. He threatened the victim by stating, “I will come and kill you with this knife!” According to the victim, the defendant was holding a bread knife pointing it down at her from the second floor of the house.

The victim stated that her father walked down from his house to see what was going on and heard someone yelling profanities. She then yelled at the defendant and told him that she was going to call the police.

The defendant however replied, “Go ahead I don’t care”.

After the victim explained what happened, she pointed out where Faleosega was standing. Police officers saw Faleosega in front of his small porch on the second floor of the house holding the bread knife and yelling out, “I will come there and kill you”.

Police officers quickly walked up the stairs and the defendant put the bread knife down. Officers then retrieved the knife for evidence and apprehended the defendant.

At that time, it was observed that the defendant’s right leg had been amputated and he walked on crutches with one leg.

Faleosega was transported to the FPS where he was Mirandized and refused to waive his rights.

The defendant was booked and transported to the TCF for confinement until the next sitting of the District Court.

The defendant is identified as a 68-year-old U.S National.