Ads by Google Ads by Google

Man arrested after threatening to kill his own family

Court Report logo

Pago Pago, AMERICAN SAMOA — A man accused of assaulting his wife is now in custody after being arrested by police last month. Not only DID he assault his wife and sister, but he also threatened to kill his wife and his children.

The defendant made his initial appearance in Court last month.

He is charged with 2nd-degree assault, a class D felony, punishable by a term of imprisonment of up to 5 years, a fine of up to $5,000, or both, along with 3 class A misdemeanors counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Bail is set at $30,000.


About 10:30p.m on Mar. 25, 2022, a female individual (later identified as the victim in this case) contacted the Tafuna Police Substation (TPS) reporting her husband (defendant) was making unreasonable noises, yelling out profanities and beating up her and her sister-in-law at their residence in Iliili.

Several police officers immediately responded to the call.

Upon arrival officers observed the defendant sitting in front of the residence with a beer can in his hand waving down the police units.

Officers met up with the victim, and with consent, entered the house and observed a lump on the victim’s right eye and a lump on her left forehead and she also had bloodshot eyes.

The victim was having a hard time speaking to officers but in a verbal statement she said that her husband had been drinking after work since 5p.m and he was angry when she confronted him about an affair he is having with another woman.

After confronting her husband, he stood up and began to yell out profanities at her to the point where their neighbors were starting to come out of their houses to see what was happening.

At this point, her husband then punched her with his fist multiple times until she lost consciousness and passed out.

When she could see clearly again, she tried to crawl back inside the house but when her husband saw her trying to get up, he dragged her outside the house and continued beating her.

The victim also stated that her sister-in-law heard the commotion and ran over to help her, but her husband turned around and punched her with his fist and when she fell on the floor, he then grabbed an electric fan and struck the victim’s head with it multiple times.

The victim further stated that her husband stopped when her aunts and uncles came to stop him from beating her.

The defendant continued yelling profanities around the neighborhood and at one point he yelled back at the victim that he was not done, that he was going to get a knife to stab her to death, and he would also cut up their children into pieces, cook them, then feed them to the dogs.

The victim got her two children and ran to the kitchen to wait until the police arrived.

The victim was taken to the TPS where medical assistance was on stand-by for treatment. The victim’s sister-in-law refused treatment.

While apprehending the defendant, a strong odor of alcohol was emitted from his breath and person. He was later transported to the Territorial Correctional Facility (TCF) where he was booked and confined.