Ads by Google Ads by Google

Man gets into fist fight with home owner and claims self defense

Court Report logo

Pago Pago, AMERICAN SAMOA — An intoxicated man who was picked up by cops two weeks ago and charged with public peace disturbance; resisting arrest and attempted stealing has been released on his own recognizance, under standard conditions.

Vilitoga Aleki made his initial appearance in District Court last week. His next court appearance is July 28th.

According to the government's case, the alleged disturbance occurred in Mesepa. When police arrived, Aleki had allegedly fled but was chased down by a male on the roadside. Cops arrived at the location where Aleki and the man were arguing.

The government stated that Aleki told police that his action was in self-defense after the victim punched him twice in the face. Cops noted that he had sustained a laceration on his right eyebrow.

As officers were speaking with Aleki, a man arrived at the scene and identified himself to officers as the victim in the case. According to the victim, he was cleaning his vehicle when he saw Aleki enter his house without permission. He immediately ran to his house and saw Aleki standing inside the living room looking around.

When he asked Aleki why he entered his house without permission, Aleki did not say anything, he just turned around and walked outside. The victim said he asked Aleki again why he came into his house. This time, Aleki turned around and punched him in his left eye. So, he punched him back in his right eye, causing Aleki to run away from him.

The victim’s brother who saw what happened chased Aleki down and stopped him.

While officers were speaking to the victim, Aleki immediately fled the scene and ran back to his house. He was later apprehended by cops.

According to investigators, Aleki resisted when handcuffs were being placed on his wrists and he "attempted to flee but was blocked" by two officers.

Aleki was transported to the hospital via ambulance and treated in the LBJ Emergency Room before he was taken into custody at the TCF.