Ads by Google Ads by Google

Two men released on bond are now back in jail after testing positive for weed

Territorial Correctional Facility, TCF

Pago Pago, AMERICAN SAMOA — Two men accused of failing to comply with conditions of their release on bond were re-arrested earlier this month after they tested positive for marijuana.

Sefulu Mike Kelemete and Allen Snow were arraigned last month and appeared in High Court last Friday for a first pretrial conference.

Both Kelemete and Snow were out on bond.

During last week’s hearing, Chief Justice Michael Kruse ordered the pair to visit Probation before they leave the court house. Kruse told the two men that the court wanted to know if they were complying with conditions of their release — including the order to remain alcohol and drug free.

Both men were tested that day and both popped positive for marijuana.

Kelemete and Snow allegedly admitted to Probation that they smoked weed two weeks ago.

During their appearance before Kruse this week, both defendants entered ‘not guilty’ pleas to the allegations against them.

Kelemete and Snow have been remanded to custody to await their next hearing, which is this Friday.

A third defendant in this matter, Faainu Tuavale, was also tested but the results came back negative for drugs and alcohol. Therefore, he is still out on bond. His pretrial conference is Aug. 19, 2019.


All three men were arrested earlier this year when cops responded to a public peace disturbance case in Iliili.

When cops arrived, they were approached by Kelemete, who told police that they had no business being on his premises, nor did they have a right to search his home.

However, while the speaking with Kelemete, they smelled marijuana coming from the house, and a search of the home was then carried out.

The search resulted in the alleged discovery of marijuana (12 grams) inside a plastic container on a table inside the house.

All three men are each charged with one count of unlawful possession of a controlled substance (marijuana), a felony punishable by imprisonment between 5-10 years, a fine between $5,000- $20,000 or both.