Apia, SAMOA — The eased restrictions to Samoa’s State of Emergency Orders announced on the 21st of December have been extended for another two weeks to the 17th of January.
A media release from the cabinet Press Secretariat confirms the Head of the Sate, le Ao Mamalu ole Malo, Afioga Tuimalealiifano Va’aleto’a Sualauvi II has approved the recommendation by Cabinet to extend State of Emergency Orders put in place for the festive season.
The eased restrictions to Samoa’s State of Emergency Orders gives bars and nightclubs an extra hour: from 10pm to 11pm, and extends trading hours for supermarkets from 7pm to 10p.
Sunday trading was also eased by allowing petrol stations and pharmacies to open from 3pm to 10pm, while hotels and restaurants are able to open from 12pm to 10pm – for both takeaway and dine-in.
Sundays sailings between Upolu and Savaii was also given a green light, with the caution to allow only for cargo, on an as-needed basis.
The restriction on public gathering numbers was removed, meaning weddings, funerals, and other public events will no longer be limited to 100 or 50 couples.
Extended State of Emergency Orders:
1. Sailings Between Upolu and Savaii.
Sailings are allowed between Upolu and Savaii from 3pm on Sunday afternoon, however, only for carting freight and goods, and only if needed.
- Open from 6am to 10pm from Monday to Saturday.
- For Sunday, open from 3pm to 10pm.
3. Hotels and Restaurants
- Open for service from 6am to 11pm Monday to Saturday.
- On Sunday, open at 12pm in the afternoon until 10pm for eat in and/or takeaway orders.
4. Petrol Stations
- Can now open on Sundays from 3pm to 10pm.
5. No Restrictions on Number of People at Public Gatherings
- The number of people in public gatherings is now open, with a cautionary note for organisers to ensure the safety of all..
6. Night Clubs
- Open from 6am to 11pm from Monday to Saturday.
7. Sunday Toanai for any Organisation
- Toanai open for any organisation to be held on Sundays.
8. Bingo Games
- Bingo games to open from 6am to 11pm Monday to Saturday.
9. Markets at Fugalei, Vaitele, Salelologa, Afega and Taufusi
- Open from 6am to 7pm in the evening from Monday to Saturday.
- May open from 3pm to 10pm on Sundays.
The restriction on public gathering numbers is lifted meaning weddings, funerals, and other public events will no longer be limited to 100 or 50 couples.
The eased restrictions extends trading hours of supermarkets from its previous closing time of 7pm to 10pm, as well as bars and restaurants.